Paper // “Ultrapräzisions- und CNC-Bearbeitung fusionieren”
- October 10, 2014
- Posted by: Levicron
- Category: Applications, News and Updates, Papers
CNC Machining is characterized by high mateial removal rates and a high level of automation. Ultra-Precision Machining on the other hand predominantly targets on the highest part quality, but at the cost of a lower productivity and automation. With Levicron’s ultra-precise tool spindles ASD-H25 and ASD-H25A this is changing. Wrapped around an ultra-precision and patented aerostatic bearing system these spindles from Levicron comprise of all features of a standard CNC tool spindle, starting from an automated HSK tooling system to tool clamping status monitoring, liquid cooling, a high-res rotary encoder and robustness.
With these features Levicron’s ASD-H25 now enable Ultra-Precision Machine Tools to integrate an automated tool change and tool setting to increase productivity and machine safety. With speed of up to 100.000 rpm, a radial spindle stiffnes (at spindle nose) of up to 40 N/mic and a radial load capacity (at spindle nose) of more than 300 N spindles from Levicron aren’t just faster and more robust than any other aerostatic tool spindle on the market, they also give outstanding spindle dynamics, thermal stability and enable ultra-precise machining at high material removal rates.
Back in 2013 company AMETEK Precitech partnered with Levicron and are using their spindle solutions to getting closer to CNC machining, but at an ultra-precision level.
- Precision, Stability and Robustness of Levicron Tool Spindles (ASD-H25, ASD-H25A and ASD-Cx)
- Opportunity for the Ultra-Precision Machine Market to increase productivity by using spindles from Levicron
- Opportunity for the CNC Machining Industry to increase process stability, part quality and productivity for small parts by using Levicron’s ASD-H25/A tool spindle
- Ultra-Precision Machine Tools from AMETEK Precitech are integrating Levicron Spindles
- Applications, Parts and measurement results
Contact Details Journal “Mikroproduktion”:
Contact Details Company AMETEK Precitech:
|Journal / Issue:||Mikroproduktion / 04-2014|
|Author:||Dr. Ralf Dupont|
|Date:||March 22nd 2015|